Who Are We?
- The group is called United Kingdom Taekwon-Do Council (UKTC).
- The UKTC is affiliated to the world governing body International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF).
- The ITF is the original Taekwon-Do organisation, founded by Gen Choi.
- The UKTC is a member of the British Taekwon-Do Council (BTC), the official governing body for Taekwon-Do in the United Kingdom. Through our membership of the BTC we are officially recognised by the Sports Council.
- All our Instructors are fully qualified and insured to teach Taekwon-Do within the United Kingdom.
If you require any more information please contact us by telephone on 01786 845060.
What is Taekwon-Do?
Taekwon-Do literally means Foot (Tae) Hand (Kwon) Art (Do) - the Art of Hand and Foot fighting. Taekwon-Do is a Korean Martial art. The Founder of Taekwon-Do was General Choi Hong Hi. The name Taekwon-Do was given to this fighting art on 11th April 1955 by Gen Choi.
The UKTC is affiliated to the world governing body the International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF). The ITF is the original Taekwon-Do Organisation, founded by Gen Choi. The UKTC is a member of the British Taekwon-Do Council, the official governing body for Taekwon-Do in the United Kingdom. Through our membership of the BTC we are officially recognised by the Sports Council. All our Instructors are fully qualified and insured to teach Taekwon-Do within the United Kingdom.
The UKTC was founded in 1993 by Grand Master Peter Harkess, Senior Master Derek Campbell and Senior Master Stephen Rooney. Starting with only a handful of clubs in Central Scotland, the UKTC has grown to become the largest ITF organisation in the UK with over 300 clubs, a membership of approximately 10000 Students, and approximately 100 Instructors. The UKTC is dedicated to promoting Taekwon-Do as taught by the Founder, General Choi Hong Hi, and as promoted by the official ITF under the Presidency of Professor Ri Yong Son. As a member group of the ITF under Professor Ri Yong Son, the UKTC enjoys the position of being affiliated to the true ITF organisation as recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The UKTC under the guidance of the ITF, and as a member group of the British Taekwon-Do Council, is an organisation dedicated to creating the highest quality of Instructor to ensure the best level of Taekwon-Do tuition in the UK.